Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ugh. Need I say more?

It's been 24 hours of pure hell in this house.  Our dogs, very large dogs, have fleas.  This is bad.  Very bad.  Bad for them, bad for me.  They were treated last night and the cleaning fest started today.  Lots and lots of cleaning.  And it will continue tonight, and tomorrow.  The walls and floors were done today, tonight is steam cleaning of the couches, and tomorrow, my room.  The one dog that had fleas the worst, has a habit of sleeping on our bedroom floor and as much as we try to keep them off the bed, there is always evidence of them having hopped up and relaxing, until they hear us arrive home. 
I don't need this.  Not now.  Not ever.  I have heard fleas are very difficult to rid of, and that the flea eggs can take a long time to hatch, and that fleas jump places that we wouldn't think of.  I have vacummed a ton today, every nook and cranny is done, or so I think.  Someone at the nursery school suggested putting a bowel of warm water out, as it will attract the flea's, so I will try it.  No harm done! 
OK, this was just my quick post, now back to cleaning......

No comments:

Post a Comment