Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dinner Bell! Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Drumsticks

It's been really hot here, and don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  Not with the flooding going on right here in Manitoba, even with the high water's right down the street from where my house is.  However, it makes turning the stove on to 400F for an hour in the evening, when the house seems to be at it's warmest, not the most acctractive deal.  This is where my crockpot comes in!  I love crockpot cooking.  So easy, and it makes cleanup a breeze when you don't have a few pots and pans in addition to the plates and cutlery to clean up after you enjoy your meal.

Tonight, we're having BBQ drumsticks.  Basically, I took a package of chicken drumsticks (I think there were 16 in it), put them in the crockpot.  Sliced up an onion, chopped some garlic, tossed those in.  Poured (yes, I took the easy way today) half a bottle of Bulls Eye original and a whole bottle of Bulls Eye Honey Garlic sauce on top.  Stirred so the chicken was coated, put it on low for the next 8 hours.  We'll have noodles or rice with it, and some veggies.  Simple, the house will smell great from it cooking all day, and no one will complain about how hot it got when I was cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment