Saturday, May 21, 2011

Healing Hazel & my personal review


Click Here for the Healing Hazel Website

I have psoriasis. I've suffered from it for almost 9 years.  I have it on my scalp (worst place on me), my back, my stomach, under my breasts, behind my ears and in the creases in my ears. I also have odd patches just here and there.  It can get extremely itchy and causes me both great pain and stress.  I hate the way it looks, and limits the things I do outside the house.  It is limiting, because it looks terrible.  Thankfully, mine is mostly in places that I can cover up, but if I wear anything dark, I am constantly brushing my shirt off and looking in mirrors, because the flakes that end up on my shirt make me look like I have terrible dandruff.  At times, my scalp will bleed from the scratching I've done.  This happens mostly in my sleep. 
I have tried medicated lotions and ointments, special shampoos etc and if anything, they only bring me a bit of relief.  None though, have ever started to heal the psoriais "leisons" or scales and none have taken away the itch.  Most things will go through what I like to call the "honeymoon phase" as it seems it only lasts a short while, then the problems start creeping up again.

I recently started doing my own research on Hazelwood and the healing properties it holds.  I was very skeptical that something like a necklace, bracelet etc would work better than anything I've tried.  Well, let me tell you.......I was wrong.  I purchased my necklace(s) from Healing Hazel and have now been wearing one for only a few days and I am shocked.  Shocked and very very pleasantly surprised.  Within 24 hours of wearing the necklace, I noticed I wasn't itchy on my scalp as I had been.  I had learned to live with the painful itch, and now it wasn't there.  This is a HUGE positive for me!  After 48 hours, I noticed that some of the leisons under and on my breasts are not as mean and red looking.  The skin is getting softer on the spots that were so dry and scaly (gross, I know, but thus is life for anyone who has psoriasis, unfortunately).  I know these seem like little progressions, but for someone who has had these skin issues for so long, once that just sort of become a daily part of life, this is an amazing step in the right direction.  I should also mention, that I have anaphylaxis to quite a few foods, including Tree Nuts.  I did my research prior to buying the necklace, and it is completely fine and safe for people with nut/tree nut allergies. No part of the nut is in contact with the branches, and every single site I've looked at states that they are particularly careful about this when harvesting the wood. 
If you google "benefits of hazelwood" or "healing properties of hazelwood" you'll read for yourself all of the ailments that it can help.  There are too many for me to write about at the moment, but as I continue wearing my necklace, I'll be sure to blog even more on it!

There are many companies offering Hazelwood jewellery however, my experience with this one particular company has been great so far and I'd recommend them! 

Thanks for the awesome product, Healing Hazel!

No comments:

Post a Comment